- We all hung up our new calendars this morning.
- The Cars sippy cup idea didn't work last night. Randy decided he'd rather forego having anything to drink than have to have his Pedia Sure in a cup. He didn't really fuss about it - he matter-of-factly told me he just wanted me to read. This could be easier than I thought. Although, I DO like him to have Pedia Sure, just for the calories.
- Last night we rented "Happily Never After" from Blockbuster. The kids enjoyed it, but in the grown-ups' opinions it wasn't that good.
- My lower back has been hurting for quite some time. It's more of a feeling of extreme tightness and stiffness than pain.
- Ham and Bean Soup is in the crock-pot. It's rare that I have any ideas for dinner before 6pm, so this is exciting.
- We had FHE last night and I'm excited about a couple of pages in The Friend. There were some activities to help keep us on track for scripture reading and memorizing throughout the year. We'll see if we can actually stick with it!
It is now January 2nd. I'm adding the rest of this post now because I was too tired last night.
- My in-laws surprised us by showing up around 11 am. We were expecting them, but I thought they'd be here in the afternoon. I was a little embarrassed that silly string was still caked on the kitchen floor from the partying the night before and model airplane parts and paint were all over the kitchen table, dishes piled in the sink, etc. Plus, my mother-in-law started coughing and blowing her nose quite a bit. They said she'd been doing that for days, but I worried the left over dog-hairs that my dad and step-mom had brought with them after Christmas were causing her allergies to act up. And, I still hadn't had the chance to vacuum. . .
- We all went to see "The Water Horse" at Jordan Commons. I quite liked it.
- That evening my mother-in-law helped me de-decorate. She also swept, mopped, did dishes, folded laundry, and made cornbread while I vacuumed, got dinner ready and read to the kids. I feel a little bad that she did all that, but it was a BIG help! Dion worked on fixing their computer.
Now, it's back to the old routine. I enjoyed our Christmas celebrations, but it's always nice to get back to normal. A break helps me to realize how much I actually like my day-to-day life. Plus, the New Year always feels like a fresh start - the Christmas clutter is cleared away and we're starting fresh. I still haven't written down any official resolutions, but I've been thinking about them.
2 comments:
Fun new blog. I like knowing what other people do...we are definitely bumps on logs at my house! When will my mom show up and clean my house? We did well trying to keep it under control while Ryan was off work, but yesterday it exploded and now he's not home to help...*sigh*
Ooh! As you can imagine, it thrills me to no end to have another blog in your family to stalk!! I see why you are so busy... ! Sheesh!
Post a Comment