Wednesday, January 2, 2008

1/2/08

Hmm, a pretty normal day.
  • I didn't walk on the treadmill because it seems to make my back worse.
  • Scrambled eggs for breakfast.
  • Took the garbage and recycling cans to the curb - Dion put them back when he got home. (Isn't this thrilling? Maybe I should leave out some of these boring details. But I AM trying to figure out what I do all day. . .)
  • Back to school for Jenna - she was fine with it, but I miss her around here. She plays so well with the boys. When she's here Corey doesn't want to watch TV as much.
  • Made beds, did laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, did more dishes, organized lots of papers that had piled up over the holidays and put away some more Christmas stuff.
  • Grandpa Davidson was here - he took Grandma to the airport early this morning. He hung out around the house until about 3 pm.
  • Did school with Corey - read from a new history program, finished a grammar exercise, did math. (Math always takes forever and C usually needs a couple of breaks. I did let him use the white board and dry erase markers which seems to make it more exciting. Randy drew on the dry erase board too. The marker fumes are almost more than I can take!)
  • Threaded some dry noodles on yarn with Randy for about 2 minutes.
  • Fish sticks for the boys and left over sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce for me for lunch.
  • Helped Jenna with homework.
  • Tried a new recipe for dinner - Lentil Burgers. Dion gave them a 4 out of 10. The taste was fine, but he didn't like the texture - they were kind of like refried bean patties. No one in this house is too excited about new and different foods. . .well, except me - and I admit that the breadcrumbs I used were probably too stale. I do want to try more stuff with lentils though.
  • We got a new Kids Discover magazine today about kings and queens. So, I'm excited to read some of that to the kids tonight.
  • Our driveway and front walk are like a giant booby trap. They're covered with packed snow and quite slippery. I don't want to go out and work on it because of my back. Maybe I'll just sprinkle some ice-melt on it tomorrow.
  • The kids are now riding their scooters up and down the kitchen/hallway (is the fact that I am allowing this a sign that I'm a bad mother?) and occasionally taking breaks and playing together nicely. I love that.
  • OK, I'm off to finish cleaning up dinner. Dion wants to watch some DVR'd football games tonight. I hope we can also listen to Harry Potter or watch some of The Office. If we don't hurry, we'll have to turn both of them back in to the library before we're through.

2 comments:

Diane Owen said...

You sure get a lot more done that I do in a day...sheesh!

Anonymous said...

This is like a . . . reality blog. I think your day is not all that different from any other mother trying to do her best, suffering intermitent feelings of inadequacy, etc. It's just that many of the mother-bloggers "spin" it differently!

I enjoy hearing about your day for sure! I always have!

Love ya,
Mom