- Toast and applesauce for breakfast.
- Scripture study.
- Called my teaching partner to plan for our Sunday lesson. I've been moved to the Sunbeam class (3 year olds) so I'll still be with Randy. My teaching partner is Udelia who is the mom to another Sunbeam girl and one of Jenna's good friends, Bryanna.
- School with Corey (we didn't start until about 11 am and we didn't finish everything until about 8:15 pm) - history, cursive practice (which entailed writing a Christmas gift Thank You note), math review, grammar.
- The in-laws left to return to Logan around 11 am.
- Mac and cheese for the boys' lunch, Honey Nut Cheerios and a banana for me. (I find it interesting to record what we eat.)
- Cut airplane pictures out of Dion's 2007 calendar with Randy so he could play with them and reviewed letters with him on the box the butter was in. He identified B and R correctly.
- Made a grocery list for tomorrow.
- Called the dentist to set up appts. for the kids next month.
- Called my Dad to chat.
- Called two ladies in my ward to see if they were taking new piano students. (No luck.)
- Put ice melt on the driveway.
- Paid a few bills.
- Did a load of laundry.
- Stopped by the bank, post office, and Blockbuster.
- Homework with Jenna.
- For some reason they cancelled Scouts today, so Corey didn't do that.
- Squeezed about 6 oranges with Jenna on our hand juicer and got about 1/2 cup of juice. Jenna enjoyed eating the leftover pulp.
- All the kids are bathed. (Randy hates baths and fights me the whole time I'm washing him. The other kids have always loved their baths. I don't get it.)
- Hawaiian haystacks for dinner.
- Made granola. (Oats are probably my favorite grain.)
The kids have been happy and playing well (they started something called Kids' Club), they even helped clean up the main level of the house cheerfully. I don't remember yelling at or lecturing anyone today. So, it looks like I have NOT been a bump on a log! I like listing all the things I've done - it makes me feel that I DO do something all day! It seems like I have a couple of really good days a month when I feel like I'm being the person I want to be. Today was one of those days. It's really true that the mother sets the tone for the home because when I'm mellow, so are the kids.
The only bummer is that Dion feels like he's getting a cold. He and I stayed up until 2 am watching The Office DVDs, so I'm sure that didn't help. (See, I even got rotten sleep and I was still nice today! Wow, I'm proud of myself. I have had a dull headache most of the day, though.) And, I forgot to mention yesterday that Randy got a cute piggy-bank in the mail from my sister. It's a pink plastic pig and as you put your money in it adds up how much you've saved. Thanks, Heather!
OK, the show is over and the kids are running and scootering around, so I'm off!
1 comment:
I love your blog! I'm reading it backwards. Anyway, i love that you blog about what are have done during the day. I hope you don't mind if I copy that. I think it's a terrific idea. Moms get a lot more done than they think! Oh, and I wanted to say that I love The Office, too! It is so awkward sometimes :)
Post a Comment