Friday, January 25, 2008

1/25/07

What's new. . .?

For the past 3 or 4 days I've been very good about drinking my 2L of water.

I found a soggy, mushed up, half-eaten package of cheese and crackers in the washer. Jenna must've gotten it at school and put it in her pocket because I don't know where the boys would've gotten it.

At my visit to the chiropractors on Thursday he straightened my left leg and then PULLED. I heard a pop near my hip and said, "That is just exactly what I needed!" My back isn't perfect, but that really helped!

I finally decided to join Flylady.

The kids and I did a bit of sledding today. It was sunny and a little breezy, overall good sledding weather. We lasted about 30 minutes. I'm glad we have such a great hill so near our house. I took some pictures I'll put up. . .when I get around to it.

Dion's brother Daren is staying with us tonight.

We spent this evening in good company. We (Dion, the kids and I) picked up one of Dion's mission companions, Tito Tucker, and his wife and drove to Park City. There we met another one of his mission companions, Marco Lorenzana, who is in town for a ski trip with some friends. They are staying in an AMAZING house (next door to one owned by Charlie Gibson). Marco knows the owner of this house in a very roundabout, distant way. Dion took some pictures, so I'm sure they'll show up soon on the Sandy Davidsons blog. We drove into Park City itself and had dinner at Main Street Pizza. I kept my eyes open for movie stars, since the Sundance Film Festival is in swing, but didn't see anyone that looked famous.

Two things I want to work on are: 1) spending more interactive time with Randy - it seems like most of his day is spent puttering around or watching cartoons while I'm doing house stuff or school with Corey; 2) being outside more - to play in the snow, go for a walk or whatever.

Good night!

3 comments:

Sydni said...

Those are really great goals, both of which I'm sure you can accomplish.

Let us know how being a FlyLady member goes!

JeremyNSunny said...

Disturbing: finding things in the washer/dryer that one can barely identify, if at all.

Relieving: feeling that huge >>POP<< of bones going back into alignment!! THANK YOU!!!

Unfair (lol): you got to sled. I would like to sled. Maybe once a winter would be nice.

Frustrating: realizing that one child's needs might be being neglected -- 'the important being pushed aside by the urgent'. Still, AT LEAST WE NOTICE THESE THINGS before too much time goes by and acutal 'damage' is done!! This is one of the most beautiful things, IMO, about being a SAHM and spending all day every day with the children.

Frightening: wondering if my friend Summer will use Flylady as just another thing to beat herself up about not being 'perfect' at. I hope that won't be the case. Flylady is more an 'idea', and it is to be used in whatever way works best for you. Some people use it as a checklist; that drove me nuts. For me it is a helping hand, reminding me of things I might have/had otherwise forgotten. :)

Anonymous said...

You are good. Today I barely got out of bed except when I had to go chaperone ski club. sad.

I should rejoin flylady. Maybe that's the bump I need....