I've been busy and/or distracted for the past few days. However, I have been reflecting on how the world is such a rich place. There's so much to "please the eye and gladden the heart."
For example, Dion's cousin mentioned the song "Time to Say Goodbye" in her blog today. That made me remember how much I like that song and so Jenna and I have watched this performance of it several times today. I finally decided to just put the CD on hold at the library.
We got a TON of snow over the past few days (see our Sandy Davidsons blog for pictures). The snow covering the bare branches of trees and piled up along the sides of the street and spreading out over parks and cemetaries is so picturesque. I also love the look of the sun shining weakly through the hazy winter sky. I want to be out in it! It seems like we are always bustling around with something to do and we never take the time to be outdoors. I believe I am affected by "nature deficit disorder!"
Last night when we watched a few episodes of The Office I was laughing so hard - like I haven't laughed in a long time. I appreciate the talent and sense of humor of the people who think up stuff like that.
Corey helped Dion shovel a neighbors drive and walk on Monday. He had a great time doing it - he even named it his "favorite part of the day" when I was asking him the regular bedtime questions. It's nice to see him find joy in service.
I got some edamame at the grocery store today. I've had it once before and thought it was good. I prepared some as a sidedish for dinner tonight. Corey and Randy didn't even try it. Dion had just a little. Same with Jenna. I thought she'd like it because she's generally a fruit and veggie eater. She just liked popping the beans out of the pod. I thought it was tasty, but maybe a bit plain.
My back is getting better, little by little. I feel more flexible and I haven't had to take ibuprofen for several days.
Jenna had her first tumbling class on Tuesday. It's through community ed , so the atomosphere was pretty relaxed. She did a nice job. Three friends from church are also in the class, which make it all the more fun. She wore a leotard that was too small for her, so today we went to Wal-Mart and got her some sweats to wear instead. Randy REALLY wanted to get on the mats they were using. I told him he can take a tumbling class, BUT none of the kids in the class wear diapers, so he has to learn to use the potty first. Maybe that will be his motivator. . .
Corey had Scouts today. He and I have been able to finish off quite a few achievements over the past few days.
Also, Dion took Corey and Jenna to see his brother-in-law (their uncle) off this morning. He is heading to Afghanistan with the Army. Fox 13 News was there. Dion's high school friend who is an editor for Fox here in SLC sent Dion an email today telling him that he made a "cameo" appearance in the evening news! So, see the post about the send off and watch for the upcoming news clip featuring Dion on our Sandy Davidsons blog.
That's it for tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had such fun watching your family on the news - on the Sandy Davidson blog!!
Woah! You did get a TON of snow, in a short period of time!
I've had the first season of The Office on DVD for awhile now and think it is just completely HILARIOUS. However, I don't appreciate the crude and inappropriateness of some of the humor... that being said, I think it is just one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my entire life.
I loanded it to a friend of mine who kept it for a LONG time. She finally returned it saying, "Is it all just dialogue?" Apparently not everyone thinks it's funny.
I don't know if it's because we've been friends so long or because so many aspects of our life are so similar, but my trains of thought parallel yours OFTEN. From this blog, I have been unknowingly sharing your appreciation of the 'richness' of the world, as well as feeling "nature deficit disorder," in recent weeks. Gotta FIX that. But ... HOW??? Without neglecting indoor stuff? Hm ... spend less time on the computer comes to mind; yet, I've spent less time on the computer in recent weeks than usual! argh!
On the other hand, I've NOT been thinking about "edamame"!! I'd never HEARD of it! I had to Wickipedia that one! :) So, thank you for continuing to add to my education. lol
I, too, GREATLY enjoyed the blog. Dion does such awesome stuff with the computer!! Gonna be like him some day. (as if!) Too bad the news crew cut off half a second before Corey's high five. :( Ah, well, we take what we get. :)
Yeah, why the heck did they leave out the high five? goof balls over there at the news!
Good post.
I'm always amazed at the new stuff you try. That is one more cool thing about you!
Post a Comment