
I had hoped to run the 5K last week at the same place Jenna ran her 1K, but I couldn't because Dion was in class. Yesterday when I went to the rec center to sign Jenna up for soccer I saw that they were having a 5K the next morning. So, I decided to do that one since Dion doesn't have school this weekend. I got there around 7:30 this morning and registered. I was a little worried because there weren't that many people there and some of them looked like hard core runners and I didn't want to come in last. It turned out well. If their clock was right I finished in 32:51. (Definitely toward the end of the pack, but good for me.) That's about 5 minutes better than the Turkey Trot last fall, 1.5 minutes faster than my time in the Logan Triathlon relay a couple of years ago, and 40 seconds faster than my Race for the Cure time. I used an iPod for the first time this morning. Dion gave me his old one over a year ago, but I've never used it. Last night he was nice enough to put some running music on it for me. I enjoyed it because it gave me something else to focus on. I like 5Ks because they're just enough of a challenge, not too hard and grueling.
2 comments:
Congratulations! I'm so impressed with your time!
Good job on the race! The iPod sounds like a nice addition to the experience.
Post a Comment