Thursday, August 21, 2008

Family Birthday

We celebrated August b-days at our house on Monday (8/18). Diane and I were the only August b-dayers there, although there are a couple of more in the family. I fixed spaghetti and sauce, and provided the Cold Stone ice cream cakes. The Owens brought garlic bread, the Middletons brought drinks, and the Larsens brought salad.

Diane playing with her fancy new birthday present.
Listening to the birthday song.
Blowing out our candles.
Cousins, cousins everywhere -
Cousins, cousins in your hair. . .


I got an Amazon gift card from the Owens (just what I asked for), candles and fudge from the Middletons, Lindt chocolate and the movie Amazing Grace (which I started watching this a.m. on the treadmill and am quite enjoying) from the Larsens, and in the mail a gift card to Olive Garden from the Dan and Donna and some $ from my Pa. It's been a fun week so far! (However, I'm too tired. I can't wait until the Olympics are over so that I can stop watching them until 1 in the morning!)

1 comment:

Sydni said...

Happy Birthday, Summer! It looks and sounds like a great b-day celebration. The Olympics go until 1 in the morning?! I knew I was missing a lot...