Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birthday Rundown

Birthdays don't hold the excitement now that they did when I was little, but as far as b-days go, mine was a good one. Dion made eggs and pancakes for breakfast. The middle of the day was typical, maybe a bit more crazy than usual. I got phone calls from my Mom and sister and Happy Birthday voicemails from my mother-in-law and my Dad. My friend, Udelia, gave me a cute flower pot with some delicious tomatoes from her garden. In the evening Dion brough home Arby's for the kids and roses for me, the babysitter came, and we went to the Jordan River temple and participated in our ward's regularly scheduled sealings. After that we had soup/appetizers at TGIFridays with another couple. I had vanilla bean cheesecake for dessert. Dion had a gift for me in the car - a wheat grinder! He said he felt a little weird giving me an appliance for my b-day, but that's just what I'd suggested he get! So, it was perfect. I'm always hesitant and indecisive when it comes to making rather expensive purchases, so I'm glad he did it. We have lots of wheat, so now I can actually use it! I'm excited to try it out soon. Thanks for a nice b-day, Dion!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like a good day.

Dion said...

You're welcome!

Sydni said...

Enjoy that wheat grinder! Sounds like a really wonderful b-day.

JeremyNSunny said...

I was thinking of you all last week, wanting to get you a birthday message. Too bad I didn't get it done ... 'til now??! Happy Belated Birthday! lol That sounds like a great birthday you had! I share your feeling about birthdays not being as exciting.

A wheat grinder!!! Wow, my new church friend Donna has one! You GO girl!! Let us know how it goes!