While we were at the park waiting for Jenna's race to start who should show up but Bumble, the mascot of the Salt Lake Bees baseball team! We didn't know he was coming, but Randy had just happened to put on his Salt Lake Bees shirt that morning.
This is as close as Randy would get to Bumble.
Jenna with Bumble before her race. She made him her pet and kept following him around and holding his hand.
Jenna with Bumble before her race. She made him her pet and kept following him around and holding his hand.
Bumble preparing to slide - Randy is on the slide halfway down.

Bumble coming down with Randy in the foreground.
Jenna finishing her race. Looking good!
Here's Jenna after the race with her teddy bear.
She also won a gift bag in the raffle afterward. It had a pin, a water bottle, some coupons, etc. in it. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to see her get the gift bag. Randy was about to pee his pants, so I half carried, half dragged him to the van as fast as I could (there were no bathrooms in sight) to get a pull-up on him. We didn't make it in time and he had pee running down his leg, so we changed his pants. I drove the van to a closer parking place and as I was getting out of the van I saw Corey and Jenna coming to meet us. Jenna was crying. Apparently, when they called Jenna's number and she got up to get her prize Corey pushed her (because she wasn't going fast enough, so Corey said) and she fell down. Grrr! There is a reason the Lord planned for families to have 2 parents - it's so much harder to do on one's own!
1 comment:
Jenna is sooo cute and looks like she did a great job! Does she like to run? YES, I whole heartedly agree about TWO PARENTS. Can you imagine doing it ALL on your own day and night, day and night?
Post a Comment