Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Little (Lot) Bit of Whatever

A couple of weeks ago Jenna dropped a 5 lb. weight on Corey's foot. It hurt him enough that he was limping and howling about it on and off for about a week. So, we took him in for an x-ray. It isn't broken. He seems to be back to normal now.
***
I usually sprinkle cinnamon on the kids applesauce. One day the kids decided to do it themselves, but they accidentally put cumin on instead!


***
I went to the dry pack cannery and canned flour, macaroni, sugar, and oats for a friend and myself. She watched the kids. This month, I'll babysit and she'll do the canning. It works our nicely.
***
All children are sweet to look at when they sleep. But, I have to say that I don't know if I've seen anything more lovely than Jenna sleeping. Whenever I watcher her slumbering I am amazed at how beautiful she is - her eyes, her lips, her nose - they're all so perfect.
***
Around Sept. 11th Sandy hosts a Healing Field where volunteers set up a flag for each person killed on 9/11. This year we stopped by and they also had an "Ellis Island Experience" going on. There was a big picture of the Statue of Liberty and some other cool stuff set up. Corey decided to wait in the car, but Jenna, Randy, and I went to look around.

***
I bought a recorder for the kids. Jenna figured out a measure or two of the Harry Potter tune on the piano so I could play it on the recorder.
***
One morning a little while ago I decided to go for a bike ride with the boys. Corey hadn't really done much "school" yet, but we went anyway. It was fun!
***
I had some produce this summer that was so good it nearly brought tears to my eyes - I remember a certain peach, a certain plum, and my neighbors delicious sugar tomatoes.

***

I really like chocolate soy milk. Sometimes I buy it for a treat. No one else in this house will drink it.

***
Corey gets a magazine called Kids Discover. The theme for the latest one was The Presidency. At the end it had some recipes. We tried both (Dion made one recipe and I made the other). They were delicious! They were Martha Washington's Shrewsbury Cakes and Laura Bush's Texas Governor's Mansion Cowboy Cookies.
***
Someday I want to go on a journey - sort of like Frodo. Where I carry a backpack and I walk and walk and walk through the countryside.
***
We recently went to the zoo. Dion took pictures. He also took pictures during the magnificent drive we took on Sunday along the Alpine Loop. (It was scary - he was trying to drive on curvy mountain roads and take pictures. I had to take control of the camera sometimes to save our lives.) Maybe he'll post the pictures soon, but he's really busy. Maybe I'll post them, but the pictures were on his camera and I don't know if he's put them on the computer yet.
***
A couple of weeks ago I was going through some old papers. I found a newspaper article that my Grandma had sent to me because it was so impressive. It was about this guy named Kevin Connolly, a student at Montana State U, born without legs, who is a photographer who has traveled around the world.

2 comments:

Emily said...

your canning idea is a good one!

i buy chocolate soymilk for isaac because he drinks so much chocolate milk it makes him sick sometimes, so with this being lactose free i thought it might help out. i've never tasted it, but he seems to love it.

JeremyNSunny said...

Well, Frodo, you've done it again. You have shared a TON of information in which I am fascinated. I want to hear more about the dry goods. E-mail me details? Also, just this week I bought a chocolate Silk half-gallon for the first time (more of our parallel lives), and we rrrreally like it. Jeremy isn't interested, of course. :) lol!!

Cumin on apple sauce. LOL Could have been worse! What if it had been ground red pepper??! lol

I want our family to try those Presidents' family recipes!! I'm ssssso interested! Can you share, I wonder?