Today has been non-stop entertainment. When we got up we went to IHOP and had their "Horton Hears A Who" breakfast specials. (Dion and I were inspired by another family there. They got two entrees - a Horton breakfast and some kind of omlette. They split those two meals between the four of them. We, on the other hand, each got our own giant meal. Dion and I remarked on what a great idea those other people had and how we were amazed that we'd never thought of that. We always leave restaurants stuffed and our kids always waste food anyway. So, we'll be changing our restaurant ways, I hope!)
Then, we invited Diane and her two little kids to watch "Horton Hears A Who" with us. It was pretty funny and all of the kids did pretty well, with only a bit restlessness from Randy and Diane's little ones.
After that the kids came home, rode bikes and scooters for a few minutes. Then, I took the boys to the library and got some good new books.
Then, we went to Lifetime and checked the place out. The kids had a great time in the playroom. Dion and I exercised on the bikes. Man! It has been a long time since I've been on a bike - whew! I think my quads will be sore tomorrow. I'm happy to say that I actually enjoyed it. It was a lot less intimidating than I anticipated and the place wasn't full of beautiful people - everyone seemed pretty normal. Then we picked the kids up from the playroom and we went swimming. Well, actually, Dion and the kids went. I hadn't shaved my legs - plus, swimming is kind of a pain anyway with all the changing clothes and being wet and stuff. There were slides and an umbrella-like fountain. Randy was nervous at first, but he eventually got brave enough to go in with Dion. The family changing room was a zoo when we were leaving, which stressed Dion out.
THEN, since it was 7pm when we left we stopped by KFC. (I guess we haven't started changing our restaurant ways just yet.)
AND, tomorrow morning is the Draper City Easter Egg hunt. We also have to set out food for Scouting For Food and we have to work on Corey's talk for Primary. It's nice that he gets to speak on Easter Sunday. It sounds like Dion's brother will be staying here tonight. It's always fun to have company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun day today. I am all alone right now enjoying the quiet. The kids are watching a movie tonight at a friends house. I think Daren will come here tomorrow night.
what's daren doing in town? fun!
we went to ihop a few weeks ago and got the kids those pancakes...it was nuts! they were good though. sooo sweet.
Wow. Lifetime sounds fabulous and I'm glad it wasn't full of beautiful people (just the five beautiful Davidsons). Your family probably intimidated everyone else there. What a great day.
Thanks again for inviting us for to the movie. I'm glad our first movie theater experience wasn't too bad. Hooray for Horton.
Post a Comment