Thursday, March 20, 2008

3/20/08

Happy Spring!

I'm waiting for Dion to come up from the dungeon (his office) so we can watch LOST. So, I have a few minutes to catch up some.

I did make graham crackers. They were OK. I don't think I rolled them thin enough. I mostly preferred eating them with leftover frosting from our St. Patrick's Day sugar cookies. I also made apple dumplings. They turned out well. Although, they don't keep well. The bottoms got all rubbery sitting in the sauce in the fridge.

We went to the IFA store to see the chicks and ducklings. They also had rabbits. Jenna expressed interest in buying a chick - they were only $2.69. Sounds interesting. Maybe some day.

My sister stopped by and spent one night with us on her way from CA to MT. She looks really good. I had her cut my hair. She did a nice job of keeping it straight.

Over the past two days I managed to clean our bathrooms and vacuum the main floor and the basement.

Jenna had her last tumbling class and now she's doing piano. We had parent-teacher interviews last week and she it doing great, just a little chatty at times. Corey is continuing in Scouts and soccer and enjoying both. He had his friend Jacob over to play on Saturday. Randy sits on his potty for 3 minutes 3 times a day. (We started out with 1 minute 3 times a day.) He is willing to sit there, but he hasn't produced a single drop. Dion even told him he'd take him to the Super Sonic carwash when he actually uses the potty. Randy's excited about it, but nothing yet. . . He gave the opening prayer in Primary last Sunday. He was very excited to sit up front and he had a hard time waiting for his turn to go up to the microphone. He did a nice job.

We've had some spring like weather, so we've been out visiting and playing with the neighbors a bit more.

The bug spray man came.

We put up our traditional Easter tree. When Corey was very little my mom suggested this tradition. The first time we did it she was here and brought us little ornaments and helped us spray paint some branches white. Since that time we've cut out the painting, but we still go find a good branch or two and put it in a vase and hang our little rabbits, eggs, chicks all over it. Jenna and I are mainly the ones who enjoy this activity. I would take a picture, but we think we've lost our camera. Where? See next post. Dion just came up stairs. . .

2 comments:

Emily said...

delos and misty bought chicks there once...it was so cute, until they got big then they didn't know what to do with them. i think they gave them to their cleaning lady and she ate them! (don't ever mention that to their kids though!)

JeremyNSunny said...

ohmygoodness, that last comment made me laugh. LOL! Thanks for posting, Sum! I've missed your lovely, informative, interesting, and enlightening logs! Now, if you can just find your camera!! Any luck with that yet?? ;)

Love, sf