A dog bit Corey - read about it here.
Diane and Ryan came over one evening for cookies and games. We played Clue, which Ryan won, and Taboo (boys against girls) which the boys won, which surprised me.
I made English muffins, which turned out well. I also made a tasty one-bowl chocolate cake from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
Randy had his yearly appointment at the Neo-natal Follow-Up Clinic. He saw the psychologist (who gave me some potty training tips), speech pathologist and pediatrician. He's doing great and no one had any concerns - what a miralce child!
My grandma and step-mom both had birthdays. I forgot to send cards, but I did chat with each of them on the phone, which was enjoyable.
I bought the kids each a new ensemble for Easter - Jenna a dress from Costco, Corey and Randy shirts and pants from Old Navy.
Jenna had her first piano lesson. It went fine. She also dressed up as Thing 2 for Dr. Seuss Day at school. (She's on the right.) She and I had a Girls' Day Out on Saturday afternoon. We went to the library and checked out a computer game and went to a couple of stores to get little gifts for her "Secret Leprechaun" at school.

The boys got haircuts. Randy hates the clippers, so I took them to a kid place called Cookie Cutters to see how he'd do. He did great. They get to sit in a car/plane/truck and watch a video or play a game. They look very nice and clean cut now.
We watched LOST.
Dion burned me a CD of U2's Achtung Baby, which I've been wanting for a while.
We picked up Randy's glasses. So, now he has the pair we found out on the deck and a new pair that replaces the ones that broke in the middle.
Corey had his soccer game. Dion took him this time and said the team did well, but got beat 1-5.
Friday after school we picked up Dion downtown and then headed up to Logan. My parents had driven down from MT to see my aunt and uncle, so we met them there. We just hung out and chatted and my Mom played with the kids. I really appreciate that about her. In most places we'd just end up putting in a video to keep them still, but she dives right in and keeps things fun and under control (mostly). My aunt fixed delicious calzones for dinner. Bikes, picnics, pottery, cooking, Zune vs. ipod, and computers were the main topics of conversation. My cousins, Hyrum and Ford, were there. It seems like it's been ages since I've seen them. We picked up a bed frame for Randy's bed that Mom and George brought down, as well. After that we headed over the see the Middletons. The kids played, we had some dessert and Dion checked out Danielle's cool new laptop. That man was cracking me UP using all of the funny effects with on the laptop's webcam.
We'd forgotten to pick up Dion's car from his office parking lot on our way home from Logan Friday night. So, on Saturday we all took Trax downtown, had a nice leisurely walk to Dion's office in the cool weather. He took us to lunch at Cucina Deli - a favorite of his and his co-workers. The kids did really well.
Sunday was fine. Randy was a madman in Sunbeams, so I turned him over to Dion for class time. Luckily, Dion didn't have to teach. It's partly my fault because with the time change I should've put Randy to bed earlier, but for some reason he was really wired Saturday night. Plus, we need to start our "sit smart" practice again. The weather was beautiful so we went on a drive. (We could've gone on a walk, but I wanted to see a house for sale that's going for nearly $1 million!) Dion had several extra meetings, and I had to go to an extra meeting of my own. I got to talk to my Dad and my sister, too.
This week I'm planning on trying to make homemade graham crackers, and this afternoon, apple dumplings for our FHE dessert (thanks to Debbie for the idea, although I'm trying a different recipe).
I am very glad that St. Patrick's Day and Easter are coming up. I love these two holidays; St. Patrick's Day because I like the whole Irish/green thing and Easter because of it's joyous religious significance. Spring is just grand!
I guess that catches me up. Oh, and Corey posted a new important person on his blog, so check that out. Well, since school starts in 25 minutes I guess I should go get Jenna out of bed. . .
P.S. Did you know that Danielle started a blog? Middletons
2 comments:
Zune...
Would you recommend buying or making your own English muffins?
Randy IS a miracle, miracle, miracle child. W-O-W!!!!!
The picture of Jenna is ABSOLUTELY and COMPLETELY ADORABLE. (I'm trying to limit my use of exclamation marks. I abuse them badly. I'll use caps instead I guess.)
The visit w/ your mom sounds fabulous. How wonderful that you got to see her and she and the kids had some time together.
Post a Comment