There's hope! My children may have some hint of tidiness and organization about them. Jenna got a new set of Crayola Markers from Dion. She now has a certain order in which they must be put in the box. (Gray, black, brown, blue, etc. - OCD? Nah.) And, she's done really well at keeping the lids on. This morning, Corey brought down two sets of clothes to choose from. He laid them all out neatly on the floor and on top of each outfit he placed a book. I asked what the books were for. He said that he would read the book at breakfast that was on top of whichever outfit he chose. Hmm. Unfortunately, after he chose the clothes he wanted to wear he did not put the other outfit back in his dresser.
We got the papers in the mail to sign up for which track we want for school next year. Grr. I am so lost. I really like having my kids home, but Jenna enjoys school. (She also enjoys being home, though.) Corey enjoys homeschool and said he wants to continue next year. But, for some inexplicable reason I don't like doing the half and half thing. If I kept Jenna home would it be bad because she'd miss out on something she likes and at which she excels? (She's the type that will excel wherever she is.) People would think I was nuts to take her out for "no good reason." If I sent Corey to school (because sometimes this whole homeschooling thing is really hard and I don't feel like I'm always full of patience and love) would it be an utter disaster because I'm not remembering the reasons we started this in the first place? One homeschool mom I met said she wants her kids at home because they're hers! I totally see what she means. In a way I'd like the homeschooling to be a lifestyle choice and a family endeavor, but it's hard when you have to live by the public school schedule and rules. Frustration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you should talk to my sister-in-law stacy. she is the most gung-ho homeschool mom i've ever met. it appears to work really well for her family but i'm pretty sure i couldn't do it. i just don't have the patience! anyway, her blog is sushiandpizza.blogspot.com and you can search "homeschool" in the blogsearch thing at the top. lots of good reasons to keep jenna home (if that's what she wants, and if you feel like you can do it) and lots of good not to. tough choice.
I can imagine what a hard decision this is. I already stress about what I'm going to be with Beth when she is ready for school. I used to think I would homeschool, but now i'm not sure I could handle it. And I think Beth is a bit like Jenna, she would enjoy school I think...its so hard! I'm sure whatever you do it'll be just fine.
As always it is a joy to read your blog. Yes, that one was really long, but it was full of interesting and exciting things! Can I come be a kid in your house?? :)
I will be so interested to hear what you decide about homeschooling.... Taking one day at a time is fine until you have to make some decisions about things, and then it's like -- eek! what now???!!! lol
Aren't you blessed that whatever you choose to do will be fine either way? With the information available, it seems that will be the case! Of course, it makes a harder decision, but at least the consequences of said decision don't feel so 'grave', so to speak....
Thanks for sharing more of your life and your heart!
Post a Comment