Sunday, February 3, 2008
Party Time
Why is it party time, you ask? No, not because of the Super Bowl. No, not an early b-day party for Dion. Something amazing, something unprecedented has happened. Dion talked to a couple of men at church today, both of whom have lived in this area all of their lives. Neither one of them had ever had anything like this happen before. Church got CANCELLED! We were sitting in Sacrament meeting and a member of the stake presidency came in and whispered a message to the bishop. At the end of the meeting Brother Atkinson announced that the stake presidency had cancelled all the meetings for the stake for the rest of the day because of safety concerns. This morning we woke up to lots of snow, and it was still coming down when we left for church. It continues to snow, but the flakes aren't as big and there aren't as many. Of course, they suggested we go home and take this time to be together as families and teach our children. Those that are able were asked to help remove snow from neighbors drives and sidewalks - so Dion is out and about again. I can't help but grin a little - I counted every single one of the Sunbeams in Sacrament meeting, except the one little girl that's sick, so it would've been a busy day. . . I'm planning on giving our kids the lesson I prepared. Dion had to teach today, too, so he had also prepared a lesson. Dion thinks the stake president just wanted to stay home and watch the Super Bowl. (Joke, of course.) Someone else remarked, "Well, this is what happens when you have a stake president from Mexico who doesn't like snow!" Anyway, we'll try to think of something cozy to do to make the day memorable. I guess that means I should have the kids turn off the TV when Scooby Doo is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, I had only three in class (including S), so I can't be too jealous that yours got cancelled!
Happy Super Bowl Sunday.
Honestly, I don't really care at all about the Super Bowl, but most do.... ;)
Hello? I didn't know you had your own blog. I have just been checking the family one. I didn't know until I read the other one with the info about yours. Hope all is well!!!
Post a Comment