Thursday, February 14, 2008

10 Things I Love About My Valentines


DION

1. He makes up funny lyrics and nicknames.

2. He's freakishly smart.

3. He tells me he thinks I'm beautiful all the time.

4. He's friendly and outgoing.

5. He's always willing to help others.

6. He's generous. (Recently, when Dion went out to eat the husband of his waitress brought in her two little boys because "they missed their mom." Dion felt bad that she had to work and be away from her boys so he left her a tip for twice the amount of the check! I wish I was more like him in this regard - what you send out returns to you again.)

7. He works hard and doesn't complain.

8. He plays fun songs on the piano, like "Great Balls of Fire," and the kids dance around like crazy.

9. He is rock solid in his beliefs.

10. He has a great sense of humor - we laugh at the same things.


COREY

1. He is ever so enthusiastic.

2. He loves reading.

3. He has a great imagination.

4. He cheerfully helps out around the house.

5. He has an amazing memory.

6. He is friends with anyone he meets.

7. He is always willing to share.

8. He thinks of nice things to say that make people feel good - and he usually wears a cute grin when he says them.

9. He is often the one to make peace and compromise when there is a sibling fight.

10. He can tell you what you've just said or read, even when you don't think he was listening.


JENNA

1. She sets a good example for her friends and brothers - she's calm and repectful.

2. She's a wonderful artist and enjoys giving her art to others.

3. She has a gentle way with Randy and knows how to comfort him when he's sad.

4. She seems to have a natural talent for playing the piano.

5. She has a bright smile.

6. She thinks up great ways to have fun.

7. She has super math skills.

8. She's tenderhearted.

9. She's the best Girls' Night Out partner.

10. She's independent, self-sufficient and learns new things quickly.


RANDY

1. He loves singing and listening to all kinds of music. (He made up a song to the tune of Beethoven's "Fur Elise." It goes like this, "B-Y, B-Y, B-Y, B-Y-U, B-Y-U, B-Y-U.")

2. He enjoys being outdoors.

3. He is so cuddly and sweet when I tuck him in at night.

4. He has lots of energy and spunk.

5. He can entertain himself for a long time when he's in the mood. I'd love to know what's going on in his mind.

6. He has spiky hair.

7. He's innovative and adventurous.

8. He has soft, super kissable cheeks that I can't resist.

9. He's tough. His time in the NICU makes the routine bumps and bruises seem like nothing.

10. He's very curious and loves to know what's going on.

(Sydni, thanks for this idea!)

3 comments:

Sydni said...

Oh, YAY!!! So many blessings.

Diane Owen said...

I love your list. You have some great Valentines! I can't believe what Dion did for that waitress! How sweet.

JeremyNSunny said...

Isn't it fun to actually sit down and list out reasons we love - whomever it is? For Christmas I gave Jeremy a jar of rolled strips of cardstock on which I had typed 52 "of the reasons I love my husband". He decided to open one every Sunday, later in the day. He never misses a week! It's fun.

Thanks for posting this. More importantly, thanks for being an observant, encouraging, caring, and dedicated wife and mother; you make the world a better place.