Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Swimming lessons

I was late in signing the kids up for swimming lessons this year. On the recommendation of a neighbor I got them into one session given at a home in Draper. The kids of the family (probably ages 19-23) teach the lessons. We loved it! We were lucky to get into small classes - only 2 kids per instructor. Plus, this year our lessons were at 4:20 pm. I liked that because I didn't feel like I needed to bother with sunscreen since the sun wasn't shining directly at us in the heat of the day.
Jenna swimming.
Jenna bellyflopping - she did this so many times, but it didn't seem to bother her.Corey. He did well overall, but sometimes he would be obnoxious and not listen to his teacher. He'd just swim around instead of doing or trying what she asked him to. He had to have a time out once. But, he did improve!Corey jumping in.Corey and Jenna practicing their dives.These were Randy's first swimming lessons ever. I think he did really well - he was putting his face in the water the very first day!
Randy piggybacking around the pool, clinging to his teacher's neck.Randy's class blowing bubbles.Randy swimming. He would arch his back quite a bit - it looked pretty funny.
Randy going down the slide with his teacher.Randy jumping off the edge - actually, he never jumped independently, he always had to hold on to his teacher's hands. Randy going off the diving board. He was pretty nervous. His teacher just dropped him slowly off and his teacher's sister (Corey and Jenna's teacher) caught him.

I really liked the lessons here. Randy's teacher will be going on a mission to Brazil in October, but the family has a younger son who will take his place and a recently returned missionary who will also be teaching. Apparently, most sessions have more kids, so we really lucked out. A good experience.

1 comment:

JeremyNSunny said...

Mmmmm.... Swimming lessons. "Oh yeah, that." argh They sure haven't popped up on our radar at all this year (sigh); maybe we can do something in the fall or winter...? I'm really happy to hear about the private lessons!! How wonderful, even if it was just once. And, never fear >> Corey's not the only one his age still receiving punnishments....