As a Harry Potter fan, I remember reading many times about how Hagrid would offer Harry, Ron, and Hermione rock cakes when they would visit him in his hut. I always thought rock cakes were some kind of imaginary wizard food. However, as I was watching "As Time Goes By" (the British sitcom I'm renting from the library) I heard them mention rock cakes. So, of course, I found a recipe and tried them out. I read somewhere that they are called rock cakes because of how they look, not because of their hardness. I found them very easy and quite tasty - sort of like a scone, a biscuit, and a cookie all in one. I even plumped the raisins (something I've never done before - I'm not sure that it made a very big difference). I used this: Better Than Hagrid's Rock Cakes. Next time I want to try this recipe.
1 comment:
Jeremy's eyebrows shot up when I told him you made Rock Cakes! I thought they were make-believe, too! How surprising to learn they're not! Thanks for the review! Let us know how the second recipe compares to the first? I also enjoyed noticing in those pictures that you are getting lots of good use of your rectangle stoneware!! :) Yay! (and ... me too!)
I plumped raisins in a recipe I made last week, too! :) lol
Post a Comment