We are getting lots of good out of our membership to Lifetime just for the swimming pool. We've taken the kids swimming the last 3 weekends. I gave in and got a pack of 3 kid goggles at Target. Corey swims with his eyes open and his eyes are so red afterward, so I thought it was worth it.
I want to say how brave I think Randy is. Lifetime has 2 big waterslides and one little yellow tube slide. Randy decided he wanted to try the little one. He also decided he wanted to wear his goggles - so he took off his -14.5 prescription glasses so he could wear his goggles. Not only could he hardly see anything, he was also peering through foggy plastic. He climbed up the ladder to the slide and sat at the top for about 30 seconds. Dion was at the bottom, waiting to catch him, coaxing him and I was at the top coaxing him. I think he may have been getting so cold that he just went down to get in the warm water again. Still, he did it and then went back to do it several more times. That is more than I would attempt - just because I couldn't SEE anything!
Also, Corey had another soccer game today. I don't know what's going on, but he is getting pretty good! His coach was really pleased and told him what a good job he was doing and I heard some of the other players compliment him. He really gets in there and isn't afraid of the ball. He had some good kicks and blocks. (Is "blocks" the correct term in soccer?) It's satisfying to see him improving. I don't know if he's just getting the idea now that he's played 7 games or if the 3 tiny little practice sessions he's had kicking the ball around with Randy have made a difference. I had no idea how exciting 3rd/4th grade indoor soccer could be! Another thing I was proud of was his sportsmanship. During a tussle over the ball a kid from the other team tripped over Corey's foot and fell down. Corey reached down and gave him a hand getting up. AND, another time Corey tripped and fell down, but he just got right back up and kept playing, which was great! (Every now and then, not so much now that he's a bit older, when he falls he makes a big deal about it with crying and the whole show.) So, it was a fun game. They tied 1-1.
Today we are going to take Trax down to a Salt Lake Bees baseball game. One of Corey's Scout requirements is to attend an outdoor event with your family - so this'll be fun. Luckily, it's a sunny, mild day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How wonderful! I too am quite proud of Randy for going down that slide without his glasses... Maybe it helps not to be able to see just exactly how scary it is. Ha.
It also sounds like Corey is doing wonderfully! Sports really can teach so many different things.
Hope the baseball game is fun too!
Randy is brave! I'm a big chicken and I'm scared of water slides. And tell Corey congratulations on doing so well in soccer.
Post a Comment