Sunday, April 20, 2008

Boringness 4/20/08

I haven't had any urges to post anything lately. Things are pretty normal. Good days and bad days. I've been in one of those ponderous modes - thinking about and evaluating my roles as a woman/wife/mother, my acceptance of social mores, the strength of my religious convictions, my life priorities, etc.

I'm in the mood to read another C.S. Lewis book, but not until I finish the books I am currently reading (see side bar). One part of my Jane Austen book describes her as sensitive, but not sentimental. I feel like I'm sort of like that - and any way I can be like Jane Austen is exciting!

We had a ward luau last night. Dion and I had to get up on stage and dance the Hukilau with some other members from the bishopric (one counselor and his wife weren't there, so we had to take their place) - ugh. I took a fruit tray (to the luau, not onto the stage), which looked quite delicious, if I may say so.

My dining table is covered with papers and has been for the longest time.

Dion and another dad sat with the Sunbeams today during Primary while the teachers attended a teacher development meeting. We got them back for class time and they were wild! (Apparently, they were quite good for the dads - what's up with that?) I think that the sit smart practices we have during the week really make a difference for Randy. Unfortunately, we skipped them this week.

Corey had his last soccer game on Saturday. I found a clever rhyming multiplication game - we'll see if it makes the times tables easier to memorize. Homeschool drama - love it vs. hate it - still lingers.

The three dance practice sessions for Jenna's class were fine. She got to go to her friend's b-day party this week, which she enjoyed. They were supposed to dress up as a zoo animal. We'd planned on an elephant, but we were so busy that we didn't have time to make the ears and trunk, so we threw together a black panther costume at the last minute since we already had the cat ears and tail. She goes off track again soon, which we are all looking forward to.

I vacuumed out the van, which was full of goldfish and graham cracker crumbs.

We got the "The March of the Penguins" DVD at the library, which we'll try to watch this evening. I also want to actually write a letter to my grandma today.

I guess that's it.

1 comment:

Sydni said...

C.S. Lewis is sooo deep, I think, and great!

We vacuumed out our car this past week too, but now I think it's all messed up already due to some eating on the way home from Lewistown this evening. That's how all cleaning is though...

It sounds like all is well. That is GOOD.