Dion went to England for 5 days after Thanksgiving.
He brought Corey a real, true Manchester United Football Club jersey.

He brought Jenna a real, true (stuffed) Paddington Bear.

He brought Randy a real, true (mini) Austin Mini-Cooper. What's cool is that we saw a life-sized car JUST LIKE THIS drive right in front of us as we were walking into the Sandy Library for R's preschool Christmas program.

And, he brought me a real, true British copy of J.K. Rowling's new little book
Also, he tried to bring me some real, true British marmalade, but they wouldn't let him bring it through security in his carry-on. So, when his boss came home from England a few days later he brought over the marmalade in his checked baggage. That was sure nice of him! It's lemon-lime and I think it tastes a lot like lime jello. I thought I took some pictures, but I can't find them.
AND, Dion also brought us some real, true British cookies called "Digestives." Quite delightful, I must say. Sort of graham cracker-ish on one side with chocolate on the other. Not too sweet.
Dion sure is good at choosing gifts!
(That's why I think HE should do most of the Christmas shopping.)

3 comments:
nice work dion! what did you bring me?
Wow. England. I can only imagine. How exciting. You're right -- GREAT GIFTS!
Wonderful gifts. The name of the cookies is interesting, isn't it? Summer, let us know how you like the book!
Post a Comment