Today I got out my brand new, never-yet-been-used wheat grinder. I got it all set up and started grinding away. Tons of dust was shooting out of the side! Sure enough, the spongey foam filter was gone. I looked around where the grinder had been stored, nothing. I looked in the box, nothing. I KNOW we had the filter because I remember the kids playing with it. And, I specifically remember asking Dion, "What's that?" He said, "I don't know, but it's probably important, so don't lose it." I don't know what became of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if I found it on the floor one day and chucked it into the garbage. Luckily, Kitchen Kneads has replacement filters for only $1.50. Dion said he'd stop on the way home from work and buy one for me. What a nice husband. I'd go myself but Jenna is having one of her dizzy, barfing days - poor girl. Anyway, I'm bummed. I was so ready to grind a big batch of wheat and now I have to wait - plus, the kitchen is covered with a fine layer of wheat dust.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wheat Grinding Woes
Today I got out my brand new, never-yet-been-used wheat grinder. I got it all set up and started grinding away. Tons of dust was shooting out of the side! Sure enough, the spongey foam filter was gone. I looked around where the grinder had been stored, nothing. I looked in the box, nothing. I KNOW we had the filter because I remember the kids playing with it. And, I specifically remember asking Dion, "What's that?" He said, "I don't know, but it's probably important, so don't lose it." I don't know what became of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if I found it on the floor one day and chucked it into the garbage. Luckily, Kitchen Kneads has replacement filters for only $1.50. Dion said he'd stop on the way home from work and buy one for me. What a nice husband. I'd go myself but Jenna is having one of her dizzy, barfing days - poor girl. Anyway, I'm bummed. I was so ready to grind a big batch of wheat and now I have to wait - plus, the kitchen is covered with a fine layer of wheat dust.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
bummer. is that battery powered? it looks so neat!
Hahahah. Sorry, but this made me laugh. Dion is really very sweet to get the filter for you. Happy dusting! I also really hope Jenna feels much better soon!
Well, I'm giggling too.... Not *at* you, per-se, just at how typical the situation would be for something I would do. Thanks for the information, in the case that I do actually get a wheat grinder sooner rather than later. COOL. Guess what!! I had an incident today, as well, with fine flour covering everything! (long, strange story) MAN, that's a pain to clean up!
Post a Comment