Sunday, May 25, 2008

Randy's 4th B-Day

The day before Randy's official birthday we had the other 2 boys from his Sunbeam class over for a mini-party. We had a Disney's CARS theme. Instead of cake we had rice krispie treats. (The other snacks were gold fish, cut up apple, and water.) I planned some games, but mostly the boys just wanted to play. We only had them over for 1 hour - just right.


Abram on the Kett car.
Jenna and Eli by the rope swing.

Randy, Corey, Eli.
Then, for Randy's real b-day (5/4) we had ribs for dinner because he loves ribs. (And cantaloupe - which Corey and Jenna ate, and sweet potatoes - which only Dion and I ate.)If you'll notice, Randy is eating from the "parrot plate." The idea is to give the parrot plate to one of the kids whenever they have a special day, although we don't remember to do it very often. Below - Randy after the ribs.The cake with the re-lighting candles. (Dion put the candles on, not knowing they were re-lighting. I thought he knew they were re-lighting and did it on purpose. I kept giving him all these instructions like, "They have to burn for 60 seconds before he blows them out," and "The candles are supposed to be 3 inches apart." He thought it odd that I was so particular about birthday candles. When they wouldn't go out Dion was confused about what was going on - at which point the misunderstanding was settled and I explained that he'd put re-lighting candles on - as seen, well heard, if you listen to the background conversation in the linked video.)The four year old! I can't believe it's been for years since his eventful entry into the world. After his precarious beginning it's truly miraculous to see him with so much zest, energy, curiosity, and determination. (Yes, he IS still wearing a diaper. Give the kid a break!)

3 comments:

JeremyNSunny said...

How wonderful. Starting into his fifth year now, huh?? Amazing. I am so happy for your whole family that you have the blessing of sharing life with such a unique little one. How come I keep forgetting that Randy's birthday is the day after Justy's?? Every year it re-shocks me. *duh*!! lol

Sydni said...

Randy is one amazing little guy and I am so glad you have the privilege of raising him!

Congratulations to Corey on the bike riding and of course I enjoyed the pictures greatly.

Your MT trip sounds rainy, but fabulous!

Sydni said...

Oops - I also wanted to comment on the hike pictures and videos.

I greatly enjoyed them. :) What a beautiful location for a hike.