Jenna and Randy in the lovely beads grandma keeps on hand for entertainment purposes.

Here is Randy as George's sous-chef. They made some delicious chocolate chip cookies. Randy really seemed to bond with George - he'd hug him and let George hold him and even put his head on his shoulder. Maybe it's because George is the master of all the mighty machines - lawn mower, ATV, nail gun, snowblower (which they let us bring home). Or maybe it's George's gentle and tender way with children.
Randy and Jenna on our walk by the Three Forks ponds. Corey decided to say home and watch Hercules for the 516th time instead.

Randy helping in the yard.
We had a fire 2 of the nights we were there. We had hot dogs and, of course, s'mores. I am paranoid about one of my kids falling into the fire pit. They just aren't careful and they walk so close to the edge. . .
Heather isn't hiding from the camera here. The smoke was just really bad on that side.
We went on a picnic to the Headwaters State Park. While Mom and I set up George took the kids to the top of the hill.
We had our picnic in a light sprinkle of rain, which was really quite pleasant. The kids ran wild and free.
Here we are looking at on old hotel near Headwaters. . .
Grandma and Jenna and then George and Randy walking around the hotel. . .

I realize that there aren't many pictures of Heather or Corey here. I also didn't get many good face shots where you can actually see what people look like. I'll have to make sure to do better next time. We had such a nice time. It's good to get a change from the every day run-of-the-mill. I watched a movie nearly every night after the kids were in bed. Things are mostly back to normal now. Since we've been home we've all started school again, we've gone to a Sunday dinner at Dion's parents' home, we've spruced up the yard (Dion did lots of mowing and edging and soil prep - I pulled weeds and planted tomato plants, herbs, and sunflower seeds and we're not even done yet), we've gone on a hike and Dion and I even went on a date. Also, Corey managed to ride his bike without training wheels for a good distance yesterday - woo, hoo! Finally, he's getting it. Good times, good times.
2 comments:
It's so nice to hear news from your life! I have been in such a black hole since leaving Tucson! You have lots of things going on that I am anxious to get going here, from picnics to planting to date nights!! :) Wonderfulness. As always, it is gooooood to see your family. I'd like way more time with them than I know I will ever get.... (sigh) Hugs all 'round.
YEAAAAAAAAAH COREY!!! I can't wait to see you ride without training wheels!
Love,
G'ma Chancellor
Post a Comment